Tuesday, May 21, 2013

So it has been awhile...

Since I last posted on this bad boy. Years, to be accurate.

So what has happened in my life? Well, I moved to the Phoenix metro area. I had a romance. I had a break up. I had another romance (with the same man). I had another break up. It's been quite tumultuous, I must say. And as I could barely lift my head or get out of bed this morning, I took my dogs to the park to play.

Oh, yes, this would be a good time to mention, I adopted another pug. His name is Clarence. He is blind and deaf. He is 8 years old. I adore him. He and Walter and getting along for the most part. I think they enjoy eachother's company.

Anyway, as I was watching the boys run around at the park (with big smiles and bouncing pug tails), I decided it's time to stop wallowing in my pain and start being grateful. These two little monkeys bring so much joy to my life. I have a great job. I wake up to sunshine every.single.day. I lost 30ish pounds in the past few years. I ran two half marathons. I have friends....amazing friends. And amazing hair! (I love my hair dresser!)

Am I perfect? Certainly not. But I am learning to appreciate the gifts God has given me. I love my home. I love that I have loved.... and lost. I love the lessons life gives us every day. I love my little fur angels who cuddle me when my tears seem endless and life seems uncomplete.

It will get better. One day, it will get better.


No comments: